To close your UBI account, it’s important to understand the bank’s policies regarding this process. But before we get into the details of what you need to do in order to close Union Bank account, let’s review some basic information about the bank itself and the types of accounts it offers you.
Union Bank of India is one of India’s largest banks, providing services to over 3 million customers.
Reasons why you should close your bank account
If you are looking for reasons to close your bank account, here are some of them:
1. You don’t trust Union bank anymore.
2. Their fees and charges have become more than acceptable for you.
3. Their poor performance and customer service have made it really hard for you to stay loyal to them.
4. They’ve just started charging you a monthly fee for using their services, which is something that they didn’t use to do before.
5. You’re moving out of town or state and won’t be able to use UBI banking services anymore.
6. You feel like it would be easier if you could just move all your money into one place rather than having accounts at several different banks around town.
7. There are other banks in your area that offer better rates on savings accounts or loans, so why not take advantage of that?
8. You want to consolidate your finances because you think that doing so will help you save money over time by eliminating unnecessary fees and expenses (like ATM withdrawals).
9. You’re tired of paying high interest rates on credit cards, even though you pay off your balance every month.
10. You’re unhappy with Union bank’s mobile app and want to switch to another one.
11. You can no longer access online banking from your home computer.
12. You live far away from any branches and find it inconvenient to make trips there just to deposit checks or withdraw cash.
13. You’re getting married soon and would like both parties to have separate checking accounts instead of sharing one joint account together.
14. You recently got divorced and aren’t sure how you should handle your shared bank account(s) going forward.
15. You’re starting a business and need to open up a business checking account.
16. It has been years since you opened your current bank account and you feel like it might be time for a change.
17. You keep bouncing checks because you never have enough money in your account to cover them, and it’s costing you hundreds of rupees each year in overdraft penalties alone.
Gather Required Information
Before you proceed with closing your union bank account, ensure that you have all of your bank documents to hand. This includes information about your account, including any fixed deposits or term deposits you may have, as well as any loans or credit cards.
You’ll also need to know how much is in your account and what branch you’re registered with. It’s worth keeping all of these documents together in a safe place too, so they don’t get lost along the way. Make sure you are ready for online banking if it’s required.
Finally, gather some personal details such as your PAN card number and other details required by your bank (such as ID proof). These will be needed at each stage of the process.
In union bank of India, it may not be possible to close an account over email/online banking; in such cases, you will have to visit a branch in person instead.
Documents Required for Close Union Bank Account
You must visit a branch to close union bank account. You will need to bring two forms of identification and a voided chequebook.
Original identification should include one government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or Adhar Card, and one secondary ID, such as a PAN card or Passport.
Additionally, you may need to fill out an account closure form and be ready to pay off any outstanding debt associated with your account. If there is no balance remaining on your account, you will not have to make a payment.
If there is still money owed on your account after it has been closed, you will receive a letter from Union Bank asking for payment in full. After paying off your debt, you can mail back your bank book to close union bank account.
Steps to Closing union bank of India bank account
Remember that closing an account does not automatically delete information about you from Union Bank records; it simply removes access to that information by anyone else.
How to do it? In fact, closing a bank account is as easy as opening one. Here’s how you can close your union bank of India bank account:
1. Finding a branch to visit, either online or in person.
2. Bring all necessary documents to close your bank account, including
• Two forms of government-issued ID
• A voided chequebook from your closed account
• An application for closure form (if applicable)
3. Fill out an application for closure form (if applicable).
4. Pay off any outstanding debt associated with your account.
5. Wait for a letter from Union Bank asking for payment in full.
6. Mail back your bank book after paying off your debt to close your account.
7. Wait up to five business days before contacting Union Bank customer service to confirm that they have received payment and closed your account.
8. Contact customer service again if you do not receive confirmation within five business days
9. Contact customer service again if you do not receive confirmation within five business days
10. Check your credit report periodically to ensure that your account has been properly closed by Union Bank.
11. Follow up with customer service as needed until you have confirmation that your account has been properly closed by Union Bank.
12. Check your credit report periodically over several months to ensure that no information about your former UBI bank account appears on your credit report.
13. File a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau if you believe that information about your former UBI bank account still appears on a credit report.
14. Consider opening a new bank account with another Bank Account.
Union bank account closure letter
The Branch Manager,
(Bank Branch name)
Subject: Application to close Union Bank of India bank account.
I am writing because I want to close my account (account number XXXXXX) with Union Bank. I have been a customer for over 7 years. I recently moved to the xxxxx area and chose to bank with another Bank. Over the last few years, I have enjoyed using your online banking services. Your website is easy to use and the mobile app improved my banking experience on the go.
Thank you for your time today. I hope that we will continue our relationship through an investment or a credit card. kindly request you to close the account and credit the amount by cash or via DD.
Points to Remember While Closing a Bank Account
There are a lot of things that you need to keep in mind while closing your bank account. If you have closed your bank account before and would like to do it again, you should know that there are only a few things that need to be done at most.
You will have to ensure that all pending transactions such as Standing Orders, Direct Debits and Credit Cards have been cancelled.
You should also be aware of any charges associated with closing an account or having a dormant account in a bank and make sure that they are worth it before taking any further steps towards closing your bank account.
You will need to ensure that you have all of your documents such as cheque books, passbooks, statements etc. so that you can close down your account properly.
Make sure to have all of these things in order because if there is anything missing then it could cause problems when you try to close union bank account.
You will also need to provide a reason for closing your bank account and sometimes, even just notifying them that you would like to close your account can be enough for them to start looking into closing it for you.
Do I need to close union bank account?
Closing an account does not mean you are closing your relationship with your bank. Closing an existing checking or savings account will not affect any other accounts that you have with UBI.
Do I need a reason to close my account?
You don’t need a reason to close union bank account. But most people close their accounts because they are moving or retiring and don’t want to deal with a bank anymore.
Can I get my money back?
Yes, you can close your bank account with them and they have to return your money. If you are getting a penalty because of inactivity then you have to pay it as well, but otherwise, you will get all your money back on closing down.
What if I want to reopen my account?
However, you may need to visit one of their branches with proper identification and request that they reopen your account.
Remember to include why you want to reopen it in your written statement and make sure that nothing has changed since you closed it originally. These details must be included in your letter to them.
Will I get a letter confirming that my account has been closed?
You should get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number about the closing of account. You can also follow up with a call after 3 days to make sure that everything is in order.
Can I close my joint bank account?
Although you may be a joint account holder with your spouse, making joint purchases on your credit card, etc., if you want to close a bank account that has a co-owner, it may be difficult.
Many banks allow you to do so: Have your partner sign a document saying they agree to have their name removed from the account.
Since there’s nothing terribly complicated about closing a bank account, it’s easy to understand why so many people leave their accounts open after they quit using them.
By not closing your unused bank accounts, you’re potentially exposing yourself to needless monthly fees and charges.
Thankfully, it doesn’t take much effort to close your unused account. We’ve outlined all of your options above so that you can quickly get in touch with your local branch and have your account terminated once and for all.
Thank you for your precious time reading my post. please leave your valuable comment below.