It is very common today for young people to change their mobile numbers. Whether it’s due to frequent job changes or simply because you need a dedicated mobile for personal use, it happens. Now, if you are an employee who has changed jobs, you know that the EPF number would remain the same.
Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12-digit unique number assigned to each member of the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) that contributes to the Employees Provident Fund (EPF). The UAN is the 12-digit number assigned to each EPF member by the EPFO to give them control over their EPF account and minimise the role of the employer.
Therefore, Policyholders of the EPFO are allowed to avail of services online by accessing the UAN portal. A policyholder can change the mobile number in the PF (provident fund) account through an SMS on the registered mobile number. However, if available, it will help you avail of various online services over SMS.
A mobile number is a must because you can receive all the updates and information regarding your EPF account, which will help you to regulate the fund by transferring or depositing them accordingly.
If they have not registered their mobile number earlier they have to follow the instructions provided in the article.
Who is EPFO?
Employers Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is a body created by the Central Government for the welfare of the employees and self-employed. It provides insurance benefits to its contributors and retirement/pensions to its members. The primary function of this organisation is to hold and maintain trust funds for its members.
It also has other functions like providing medical facilities to the contributors and their families, forming funds to provide loans to its members, and organising campaigns for the welfare of its members. The organisation also conducts regular surveys for updating its database.
The Organisation has a website called EPFO Online where a subscriber can log in and view his/her account.
Benefits of Changing Mobile number in EPFO:
There are numerous benefits to ensuring that your EPFO account is up to date with the correct number. Among these are:
- Employees’ provident fund Details
- Your UAN and its current state (Active or inactive)
- EPF Account Balance
- OTP service for authentication
- Status of EPF transfer/withdrawal Bank account, PAN, and Aadhaar connection
- Last contribution
Requirements for changing a mobile phone number in a EPF account
- You must have your PF account’s UAN number and Password.
- EPFO account Must be active.
- New mobile number in your hand (To receive OTP)
How to Change Mobile Number in EPFO / PF / EPF Account Online?
The following simple steps explain how you can change your mobile number in EPF Online:
1. Log in to the EPF unified portal.
2. Go to Contact Details in Manage Section.
2. Click on the ‘Mobile number’ option.
3. You will be prompted to a new section below and Enter the new mobile number twice.
4. Now, hit the “Get Authorization Pin” button.
5. To verify your number OTP is sent to the new mobile number.
6. After that, type the OTP in the appropriate field and click the “Submit” button.
7. Now, your new mobile number got registered in your URN
6. By SMS confirmation You will receive an SMS confirming the change of mobile number.
7. To verify the number, give a missed call from your registered mobile number to 011-22901406.
9. If you got an SMS from EPFO, you changed your mobile number Successfully.
1. If you enter an incorrect mobile number, the user will be directed to a screen verifying the new number.
2. After submitting the mobile number, the system will show you a confirmation message with your new EPF number.
3. You can mention only 10 digits in the mobile number.
4. The mobile number entered should be a valid Mobile Number.
5. Multiple mobile numbers cannot be registered with one UAN.
6. In case your Mobile Number is already registered by another person, the system will redirect you to a confirmation message. You will have to log in to your account and change your mobile number.
How to Change Mobile Number if You Forget the Password in EPFO
When you have forgot your UAN password, follow the procedures below to reset your phone number and password:
1. Go to the EPF unified portal and choose “Forgot Password”.
2. Fill in your UAN and checksum, then click the “Submit” option.
3. If you wish to modify your already registered cellphone number, choose “No.”
4. Enter your name, date of birth, and gender, and afterwards hit the “Verify” option.
5. Next, choose Aadhaar/PAN and input your information.
6. Now, press the “Verify” option.
7. If everything seems good, you’ll be prompted to input your new phone number and press the “Get OTP” button.
8. Your new phone number will get an OTP, input in the OTP box and click the “Verify” button.
9. You’ll be asked to enter the new password when the OTP has been confirmed. Once you’ve entered your new password twice, press “Submit.”
10. Now, Your password and phone number will be successfully updated.
So, if you want to change your mobile number in your PF account and put down the new one, it’s no rocket science. All you need to do is follow the above-mentioned steps and you’re done.