When it comes to Australian banks, the ANZ bank has some of the best banking products on offer in Australia, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay with them forever!
When you are looking to close your ANZ account there are a few things you need to keep in mind and make sure that you do before making the jump to another bank or financial institution.
Here’s how to close your ANZ account easily and quickly.
What to Do Before You Close ANZ Account
You’ve just moved to a new job and decided to close your ANZ account. You’ve saved up a lot of money, but there’s still no reason to keep it in the bank.
When it comes to closing your ANZ Account, there are some things you can do before you actually close it. Here are some of them:
Firstly, if you have an ANZ statement you can check that it is not overdue by several days. If it is, call ANZ and ask them to send the statement within two business days or they will charge late payment fees.
You can also check your credit limit at any time by logging into your online banking account and clicking on the ‘Credit Card & Debit Cards’ tab. Here you’ll see your current limits and current spending history.
If there’s anything missing or incorrect, contact ANZ immediately so they can rectify it before closing the account.
Second, check whether any of your direct debits or standing orders have been cancelled. You are responsible for making sure all of these payments are paid on time.
Third, make sure that no new payments or pending have been made to your ANZ account since the last statement was issued. If there were new or pending Payments wait or contact ANZ to cancel them before closing the account.
Fourth, check your credit history to make sure there are no errors on it that could affect you negatively.
Reasons why you should close ANZ bank account
Anz Bank is one of the largest banks in Australia. It has many branches and ATM machines across the country. The bank offers many services like loans, credit cards and savings products to its customers.
As a customer of ANZ bank, you can use your account to make payments online or through email or mobile banking. You can also pay bills online using ANZ bank’s Online bill payment service.
However, if you don’t use any of these options then you may want to close your account with this bank as soon as possible because there are some reasons why people should close an ANZ bank account:
1) You do not use any of the features offered by ANZ bank anymore.
2) You are having issues with your account.
3) Your transactions are not being processed properly.
4) Your credit limit has been reduced or removed from your account.
5) You have stopped making payments on time.
6) You have got a new job, and you don’t need the services of ANZ anymore.
7) You are moving out of the country.
8) You want to open a new ANZ account with a different bank.
Details Required for Close ANZ Bank Account
- Account Name
- Account Number
- Contact Number
Ways to Close ANZ account
If you want to close an ANZ bank account because it has been inactive for a period of time, then there are several options available:
By Visiting Branch
1. To close your account, you’ll need to visit an ANZ branch with a photo ID.
2. Request an Account Closure Form’ form from the teller, which you’ll need to fill out and sign.
3. Once the form is complete, hand it back to the teller along with your photo ID.
4. The teller will then process your request and close the account.
By Calling Customer Care
1. Call customer care on 13 13 14 and say you want to close your account.
2. Customer care will ask you some questions to verify your identity.
3. Once they have verified your identity, they will ask you for the reason why you’re closing your account.
4. After that, they will give you instructions on what documents or information you need to provide in order for them to close your account.
Application Letter for Closing ANZ bank Account
Regional Manager – Consumer Banking, ANZ Australia & New Zealand Limited
Dear Ms. Grover,
I would like to apply for the job of closing my account with your bank. I wish to inform you that I have been a customer of your bank for many years and have always been happy with its services. However, I am now looking for another financial institution where I can keep my savings in safe custody and also be able to deposit money into it at any time.
I have carefully considered all aspects of your bank’s services, like convenience and cost effectiveness for myself as well as for my family members who are also customers of your bank. After careful consideration, I believe that the best option for me is to transfer my savings and other investments from ANZ Bank Limited to National Australia Bank Limited.
I hope that you will consider my application favourably and allow me to take up this job as soon as possible so that we can close our accounts together at the earliest possible date. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any additional information regarding this matter or if there is any other matter which needs my attention in connection with this application process.
Points to Remember While Closing a Bank Account
1. Make sure you have no outstanding transactions or fees owing on the account.
2. Visit your nearest ANZ branch or give them a call to request the closure of your account.
3. You may be asked to provide a reason for closing the account.
4. Once the account is closed, you will need to arrange for any direct debits or credits to be transferred to another account.
5. Ensure that your credit card issuer has been notified about the closure of your bank account.
6. If there are any other financial services linked to this account, such as insurance products, then contact those providers in order to cancel these services or change the provider details on this account.
How long does it take to close ANZ account?
It usually takes around 1 – 3 Days to close an ANZ account. The process is simple and can be done by visiting the branch or over the phone.
Can I close your ANZ account online?
You can’t close your ANZ account online. You will need to go into a branch of ANZ to close your account, and then you can cancel your direct debit.
We hope this guide was helpful in explaining how to close your ANZ account. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help. Finally, don’t forget to withdraw all the money from your bank account before closing it. Goodbye!
We want to reassure everyone that our site does not offer any investment advice or services to customers.
We have put in place all the necessary measures to ensure that you can use the site with confidence, but if you have any concerns about your own situation please contact your financial adviser or the appropriate authority before proceeding to complete any form on this website.
We also recommend that you read our Terms page before making any judgement.