SBI current account opening form PDF can be downloaded here and it’s free of cost. These forms can be used by anyone who wishes to open an SBI account, either as a savings or current account.
In order to open an SBI current account, you will need to fill out this form in order to submit it to your local SBI branch so that they can review your application and approve it if everything checks out with them.
Below are the steps that you should follow in order to fill out and submit the SBI current account opening form PDF successfully.
Documents required to apply SBI Current Account
If you want to be eligible for opening an SBI account, you need to fulfil below given eligibility criteria:
- You must be a resident Indian aged 18 years.
For Sole Proprietorship Firm
- Registration Certificate (in case of registered firms).
- Partnership Deed.
- PAN of the Partnership Firm.
- declaration containing the names of all the beneficial owners and their shareholding.
- Mode of operation in case of Partnership.
- Partnership Letter on Cos 37
For Non-Individuals (Other than Sole Proprietorship Firm)
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
- A resolution from the Board of Directors & Power of Attorney.
- PAN or Form 60 issued to managers, officers or employees
- declaration containing the names of all the Beneficial Owners together with their shareholding
- CIN No
- Copy of PAN of Company
- Proof of Current Address
- Certified copy of a resolution, regulating
About SBI Current Account
To open a current account at SBI Bank, you must be physically present in India. You will need your photo ID (valid passport or driving license) and proof of address (in other words, any kind of utility bill).
If you are opening a current account as a first-time customer or you’re applying for a corporate bank account, your documents will be different. Below is an overview of what paperwork you need before you can begin filling out your application form:
What is a Sole Proprietorship Firm
A sole proprietorship is a business that has only one owner, unlike a partnership or corporation. The biggest benefit of starting and running a sole proprietorship is simplicity.
For example, there’s no requirement for you to form an official company structure, create formal business filings or pay fees on starting or operating your business.
Keep in mind, however, that you may be personally liable for any debts incurred by your sole proprietorship if you don’t maintain adequate insurance and precautions.
What is Non-Individuals (Other than Sole Proprietorship Firm)
A proprietorship firm is one of the legal forms of business organization in India. It is by far the most common form of enterprise where there is a single owner who enjoys all financial, managerial and entrepreneurial rights.
The name of the proprietorship firm must contain proper names of individuals having a partnership with PROPRIETORSHIP NAME or Name and Proprietorship Name or Firm at an end thereof.
There should be a registered office address for a proprietorship firm. A proprietorship can be formed without registration but it cannot carry on any business activity until it is registered under relevant provisions of law.
Registration formalities are completed within 30 days from the date of filing application for registration with required fee for such registration has been paid.
To know how to fill up the application form, read this.
To create a current account in SBI, one can choose from one of their various types of accounts. To open any current account in SBI, you need to fill up an application form.
If you are not sure how to fill up an application form, read on: Follow these steps to apply for a current account in SBI:
First, get an Application form by visiting the nearest branch or by downloading it online. You can also get one from your friend who already has a current account with SBI.
Then fill up all details like name, address and contact number etc., in block letters and ensure that all information is correct and appropriate.
- Firm Details – About your Company
- Proof Of identity – Proof of your company
- Contact Details
- Proof of Address
- Nature of Business – types
- Account Variant – Choose the type of account you want (More income Choose more Average Balance)
- Service Required – Services You Want
- Mode of Operation – Solo of Partnership
- Country of residence as per law
- Form 60 –
- Nomination (if Single)
- Details of Nominee (If single)
After filling up all details, sign at bottom of the page and submit along with other documents like ID proof (in case of NRI’s), Address proof (in case of NRI’s) etc., at any nearby branch of SBI.
The bank will verify your details before opening an account. So wait patiently till they open your account. That’s it! Now you know how to fill up an application form for opening a current account in SBI.
Downloading the Application Form
There are many online and offline banks that offer current accounts. One of them is the State Bank of India. You can download an application form for an SBI current account from their website or click the below button to direct download or you can directly visit your local bank branch to get one.
These forms have details on how, where and what kind of documents you will need. It’s also very important to read through these details before filling up your application form.
Processing time for opening an SBI current account
You can get your account opened at once as you submit your documents, but it might take a while before it is activated and functional. The documents are verified and processed in 2 – 4 days, after which your account will be functional and you can use internet banking facilities.
You will be able to deposit money into the account and carry out financial transactions like transferring funds from one bank branch to another or depositing cheques, etc.
What are the benefits of having an SBI current account?
- The SBI current account is very beneficial for both big and small companies.
- The SBI current account can be opened with a very low deposit amount of Rs 5000 -/- which makes it highly suitable for small businesses.
- Another advantage of having an SBI current account is that you will have full access to your funds, which is not possible in the case of NRE or FCNR accounts.
- You can withdraw money from any branch of State Bank Of India (SBI) across India and also at ATMs anywhere in India.
- You can also send money from one State Bank Of India (SBI) account to another State Bank Of India (SBI) account anywhere in India for free. This service is called NEFT. You can use NEFT 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You have access to all kinds of banking services like cheque book facility, ATM card facility etc at a very low cost.
- Free Multicity Cheque Leaves start from 50 per Month.
- Free Cash Deposit starts from Rs 5,00,000/- per Month.
Conclusion on SBI Account opening form
So folks, Hope you have got enough knowledge about SBI account opening form PDF and hope you have already filled up your account opening form with accurate details. If you’re not doing so just head over to get it done.
And do remember, we are here always ready to help you out if any query is still left unanswered. Thanks for reading my post. Comment below if you need any help and what is mandatory in sbi current account opening form. Happy Banking..!!!